Friday, March 13, 2015

"Funny Is Money"


I've been trying to gather and put together a cast that will be effective in either type of movie that I wish to create.

As I posted before, I was looking into the genre of a psychological thriller film because it seems very enticing and I believe is interesting and cool to make; however, as I'm slowly building up the cast and looking for possible settings, I couldn't help but think about a very different, yet equally interesting genre that could work well: comedy.

I'm officially torn between the two movie types. 



There are many reasons why I would want to create a comedic film, mostly because it is my favorite type of movie. Happiness is a great emotion to feel, and the laughter evoked from these types of movies makes the audience feel good. A successful funny movie is something that not only will catch on and bring more attention; it will eventually stick with them and become the go-to movie to watch anytime for some good laughs. It is entertaining!

I searched the web again once again and found a useful article regarding "The 4 Rules of Comedy". 
These rules are great and short to the point, so here they are: 

1. Just because you can say funny things doesn't mean you can write funny things.

2. A strong story without a lot of laughs is preferable to a weak story with three jokes per page.

3. Two heads are better than one.

4. Find your genre. 


Overall this article was very, very great. Not only was it personable and fun, but it allowed me to see the do's and don'ts of comedic screenplay. I'm definitely liking the idea of a comedy a lot more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment