Saturday, March 7, 2015

Tips for producing an indie film (low-budget)




I'm going to be producing not only an entire plot line for a film, but a two-minute introduction too, so I need to make sure that I create a good budget and that I stick to it too.

I came upon this page while I was researching creative and frugal ways to produce independent movies and it contains exactly what I need.

Here are the ten tips I need to produce a "micro-budget feature"

1. Make sure the script is written as a micro-budget feature

2. Have a "home base" location during production

3. Open it up

4. Shoot while locations are open.

5. Cast matters. A lot.

6. There is no excuse for bad production values.

7. Make sure your cast and crew have worked at your budget level before.

8. Figure out how your core filmmaking team will pay their bills while you make the movie.

9. Know what you can figure out on your own.

10. Budget through release.

These tips are all I need for my own production. They are absolutely perfect for my own situation because I am a student who also wants to succeed with quality and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment